|Author||Austin ilcannibal Fayerweather|
Campaign (VPK 15 Final) - October 23, 2010
- VPK 14 - September 14, 2010
- VPK 13 - September 12, 2010
- VPK 12 - April 05, 2010
- VPK 11 - October 07, 2009
- This installation can be effected by old maps in the "left4dead/maps" folder.
- Please delete all deadcity maps there
- Including any old "deadcity_*.vpk" addon files located in the "left4dead/addons" folder.
- These old files can cause conflict with new Source Add-on Files (VPK).
- EXAMPLE: l4d_deadcity , l4d_sv_deadcity and l4d_vs_deadcity mapnames "left4dead/maps".
- Automatically: Double Click on main "deadcity.vpk", steam Application will let you know when it is installed.
- Manually: Copy & Paste "deadcity.vpk", into your "left4dead/addons" folder.
COMMUNITY: Cannibal’s Zombie Fest (CZF)
- Justin "Whiplash" Wilson (Web Poster)
- Michael "Mikeumus" Mooring (Game Poster)
- John "luckyshot" Black
- Sloan, BioHaZarD#R, |BliTz Clan, [BDS] Clan, Get$hot13 & ScoobyDoo17, |TG| WhiskeySix, thegreen ,PeRFeKTxHD
- Sure there are a couple of missing things, but this you can be sure of DEADCITY (Zombies will rule).
Chapter 1: Riverside City
- There is plenty of room for all of the infected to operate including easy access to the rooftops even if the survivors have generally wide places to operate. The map plays out horizontally and vertically both. You start off before climbing to the top of a high rise apartment fighting your way down to the basement below. You proceed under the roadway into a second high rise towards the exit. At the same time, there are a limited number of med packs in the map (it would be wise to save them). Hunters and Smokers will make a killing by working those rooftops while boomers will keep constant pressure on survivors inside the buildings.
- One of the longest maps of the campaign, survivors are introduced to a mostly urban setting.
- Riverside has been quarantined from the rest of the world as the unaffected residents attempted to escape. The city population was quickly infected though, expect far higher zombie populations than you would from a map like Blood Harvest (L4D1) or Hard Rain (L4D2). The train running through the map hints at the finale.
- Chain Link Fence - This event is a flip a switch and fight the horde. The buildings around you though are all good hiding places for Hunters and Smokers, watch and listen.
- Rollup Door - This is a gauntlet crescendo event. You may find guns, Pipe bombs, First aid kits, and Pain pills in one of the side rooms but the horde will not quit until sometime after you hit the elevator button.
- This map is just short of an extended gauntlet, you can either run through it or take a little more time and explore. Those who explore are far more likely to find extra ammo and First aid kits but more hordes, Those who run will see far fewer hordes but less items.
- Pay close attention to the environment. If an ambulance/police car has it's lights on then keep an eye out for nearby weapons.
- The map design is intentionally mazelike. In a city that was quickly blocked of and then abandoned expect the path to be confusing. People who know the map will do far better in versus.
- Many times you can go east or west in the map and the survivors will come back to you.
- As the survivors climb the first set of stairs, come up behind them with the Charger and try and drive the survivors into the alarm car. There are a ton of zombies to distract, make use of the height differences to hit them when they aren't looking.
- Good Smokers and Hunters will work the rooftops.
- Boomers in the apartments.
- Boomers and Smokers can inflict extra panic by running survivors into the many alarm cars. Because it's a maze, you don't always have to run in front of the survivors to get ahead of them.
Chapter 2: Back Alley
- After surviving the main part of the city, you will exit through the back part of the city. Be sure to search the areas to be awarded with melee weapons, med packs, firearms and other items.
- Back Alley is a much shorter map with much narrower pathways. With it's twisting, turning route the action will come fast and furious.
- Often times the infected will appear with little or no warning and only your quick wits will allow you to survive. It includes a vantage point into Riverside which you just left as well as a peek at the Bridge for map 3.
- Parking Ramp Entrance - This event is a standard flip a switch and rip up the horde although this event can deliver some surprises.
- 2nd Parking Ramp door - Hit the switch and try and survive the horde. Tanks are known to spawn around here as well as witches.
- It's worth exploring the side routes as you will often find tier 2 guns or extra med kits by following the first couple dead ends.
- Often overlooked, you can find pipe bombs, molotovs, or boomer bile jars inside the parking structure pay station.
- Be aware of where your teammates are in this map, it's easy to get separated, which usually results in swift death at the hands of the Specials.
- The alley is very narrow and the buildings are tall. Smokers and Hunters survivability is high on the rooftops.
- Hunters can nail 25 point pounces but there isn't a lot of wiggle room.
- There is a hidden entrance above the parking structure that infected can use to surprise survivors.
- Smokers have a couple of spots where they can drop survivors back into earlier parts of the map.
Chapter 3: Draw Bridge
- You now have reach mid-point of the campaign, zombies will not allow you to leave without a good fight. Reaching the bridge is the end of the line, watch out for ambushes. Draw Bridge is your escape from Riverside into the town across the river, which is outside of the quarantine zone.
- Although a shorter map, Bridge features Dead City at it's most intense. Expect an almost constant zombie presence that is designed to wear your team down.
- Even 4 teammates working together will find this map to be challenging while individuals will quickly be eliminated even on normal. The Bridge includes vantage points to look back into Back Alley, Riverside and into the sky box towards the Military Outpost map.
- Chain Link Fence - This event has you flip the switch opening up 2 fences. The zombies will come for a long time, most players fight the horde on the move.
- Alarm Door - A Gauntlet event that should be over quick provided you run.
- Parking Structure Garage Door - Hit the switch and wait out the zombies. Beware of the zombies coming through the windows as well as the alarmed car.
- Draw Bridge - Flip the button and wait for the bridge to come down and the gate to open.
- Keep an eye on the police car lights. If it's lit, look for tier 2 weapons nearby.
- The Bridge crescendo can be fought in the building entrance, but once the gate opens up, treat the bridge as a Gauntlet crescendo.
- This map introduces you to exploding barrels near the end. The chemical name you see on the side of the truck/barrels will be found through the Water Plant and blowing them up often calls the horde.
- Survivors will try and run through the map at points. Use the infected to slow down and separate the survivors. Common Infected will finish off players who are separated.
- The bridge has many kill points if you can boom or smoke someone off the edge.
- As the survivors first leave the parking structure there is a long narrow chained in area that is perfect for ambush all 4 survivors.
Chapter 4: Military Outpost
- You have escaped Riverside City, your next challenge is to reach the outpost. Separation is not an option, you will be torn apart by the Special Infected.
- The survivors quickly find out that the quarantine failed. The scribblings on the wall mention a chemical in the water as a possible cause for the infection.
- This map does feature an altering path which will sometimes place the survivors on the street after leaving the tunnel and other times on a sky bridge into the warehouse.
- Tank - There is a main battle tank moves when ready, it will drive down the road and blow up the barrier.
- You will find several defibrillators in this map, chances are you will need them during the scavenge event.
- People often get separated because they think it's easy only to regret it. Keep in groups of at least 2.
- Beware of the exploding barrels throughout the map. Some explosions can call in hordes and often at the wrong time.
- Hit the Survivors right away and then try and reset a trap for the survivors at the end of the first turn in the tunnel. The barrels ,as well as the alarm car in front of the truck, will call the Horde if shot. If used correctly, you can wear down the Survivors and deplete their ammo.
- The Versus path generally will run the survivors over the skybridge instead of the street. If this happens, try to charge or jockey players through a window from in front. Smokers should spawn in behind the survivors in the room next to the bridge and attempt to smoke people through the windows to their death.
- Look to use the trees in the road or plan on hiding behind walls and objects at survivor height.
Chapter 5: Water Plant
- Find your way towards the Water Plant, be sure to stay together.
- Survivors will find themselves fighting through offices, a gun shop and then the Water Plant on the way to the saferoom.
- Sharp observers will notice that the chemical in those barrels and scribbled on saferoom walls is found in mixing chambers at the water plant.
- Gun Shop - This is a running crescendo event. Because of prior comments, this event includes written on screen prompts, voice cues, and signs that light up through objects to help players out.
- Run through - The street into the water plant and click the switch inside the water plant to shut the door and turn off the horde.
- Check all the siderooms for extra med packs. Some of the med pack locations will place you at extreme risk from sharp special infected.
- The back door of the gun shop is unbreakable. This is set up to give you a break to prepare for the crescendo event.
- Beware of volatile chemicals in the water plant.
- Boomers can maximize damage early on by hitting the survivors in the vent.
- The sky bridges (catwalks) carry some instant death areas if you can get survivors over the edge. Put Smokers in the rooms next to the bridge to grab survivors through the window. A good Boomer can get survivors off the sky bridge.
- After the survivors close the door at the Water Plant, if you are stuck outside (infected only), a wall will open on the third floor of the Water Plant that infected can use to climb into the Water Plant.
Chapter 6: Subway Station
- Don't miss the Train, otherwise you'll be sorry!
- The final map has you make a run through city streets and buildings before opening up into the subway station.
- Grab a ticket and prepare for the finale.
- Elevator - This crescendo releases a high number of zombies and there are really 2 ways to approach this crescendo.
- Fight it out in the room by the escalators or the bathroom where it's a little more open and you have some wiggle room.
- Fight in the area behind the elevator which is a very tight area.
- The Subway Finale - Grab a ticket and then make a bee line to the ammo and med packs in the basement or find a corner upstairs which is more secure but with no extra gear handy.
- There are a lot of throwables handy throughout this map, make sure you use them to allow you to move freely.
- Search the ambulances for extra med kits.
- The rescue train takes some time to arrive (Think No Mercy Helicopter) so have a plan for the end. Throwables make it much easier.
- Lots of 25 point pounces in the beginning of the map, hunters can do damage early and often. Smokers can operate on the first roof or by using the sky bridges.
- The escape path at the first crescendo offers great opportunities for Special Infected.
- The trains are running throughout the finale, try and draw Survivors into one for an instant kill.
- Please be nice and provide constructive feedback :)