|Author||Gabriel ilcannibal Fayerweather|
Final (VPK 8) - October 21, 2010
|Graphic Data||Graphic Data|
LEFT 4 DEADCITY II LITE
Kill plenty of zombies starting in Back Alleys (city) then over a Draw Bridge, locating the Miltary Outpost to make your escape.
COOP & VERSUS:
- John "-F5- LuckyShot" Black
- ]NsR[ Clan, |BliTz Clan, [BDS] Clan, [ ŤČQ ] Clan, =DIKK=1SG.Heartless & Hip Hop King
- This installation can be effected by old maps in the "left4dead2/maps" folder.
- Please delete all deadcity maps there
- Including any old deadcity addon files located in the "left4dead2/addons" folder.
- These old files can cause conflict with new Source Add-on Files (VPK).
- EXAMPLE: dcl_m* mapnames "left4dead2/maps".
- Automatically: Double Click on main "dc2lite.vpk", steam Application will let you know when it is installed.
- Manually: Copy & Paste "dc2lite.vpk", into your "left4dead2/addons" folder.
- Sure there are a couple of missing things, but this you can be sure of DEADCITY II LITE (Zombies will rule).
Chapter 1: Back Alley
- Starting in the "Back Alley" of the main part of the city (Riverside), you will exit through the back part of the city. Be sure to search the areas to be awarded with melee weapons, med packs, firearms and other items.
- Back Alley is a much shorter map with much narrower pathways. With it's twisting, turning route the action will come fast and furious.
- Often times the infected will appear with little or no warning and only your quick wits will allow you to survive. It includes a vantage point into Riverside which you just left as well as a peek at the Bridge for map 3.
- Parking Ramp Entrance - This event is a standard flip a switch and rip up the horde although this event can deliver some surprises.
- 2nd Parking Ramp door - Hit the switch and try and survive the horde. Tanks are known to spawn around here as well as witches.
- It's worth exploring the side routes as you will often find tier 2 guns or extra med kits by following the first couple dead ends.
- Often overlooked, you can find pipe bombs, molotovs, or boomer bile jars inside the parking structure pay station.
- Be aware of where your teammates are in this map, it's easy to get separated, which usually results in swift death at the hands of the Specials.
- The alley is very narrow and the buildings are tall. Smokers and Hunters survivability is high on the rooftops.
- Hunters can nail 25 point pounces but there isn't a lot of wiggle room.
- There is a hidden entrance above the parking structure that infected can use to surprise survivors.
- Smokers have a couple of spots where they can drop survivors back into earlier parts of the map.
Chapter 2: Draw Bridge
- You now have reach mid-point of the campaign, zombies will not allow you to leave without a good fight. Reaching the bridge is the end of the line, watch out for ambushes. Draw Bridge is your escape from Riverside into the town across the river, which is outside of the quarantine zone.
- Although a shorter map, Bridge features Dead City at it's most intense. Expect an almost constant zombie presence that is designed to wear your team down.
- Even 4 teammates working together will find this map to be challenging while individuals will quickly be eliminated even on normal. The Bridge includes vantage points to look back into Back Alley, Riverside and into the sky box towards the Military Outpost map.
- Chain Link Fence - This event has you flip the switch opening up 2 fences. The zombies will come for a long time, most players fight the horde on the move.
- Alarm Door - A Gauntlet event that should be over quick provided you run.
- Parking Structure Garage Door - Hit the switch and wait out the zombies. Beware of the zombies coming through the windows as well as the alarmed car.
- Draw Bridge - Flip the button and wait for the bridge to come down and the gate to open.
- Keep an eye on the police car lights. If it's lit, look for tier 2 weapons nearby.
- The Bridge crescendo can be fought in the building entrance, but once the gate opens up, treat the bridge as a Gauntlet crescendo.
- This map introduces you to exploding barrels near the end. The chemical name you see on the side of the truck/barrels will be found through the Water Plant and blowing them up often calls the horde.
- Survivors will try and run through the map at points. Use the infected to slow down and separate the survivors. Common Infected will finish off players who are separated.
- The bridge has many kill points if you can boom or smoke someone off the edge.
- As the survivors first leave the parking structure there is a long narrow chained in area that is perfect for ambush all 4 survivors.
Chapter 3: Military Outpost
- Your next challenge is to reach the outpost. Separation is not an option, you will be torn apart by the Special Infected.
- The survivors quickly find out that the quarantine failed. The scribblings on the wall mention a chemical in the water as a possible cause for the infection.
- This map does feature an altering path which will sometimes place the survivors on the street after leaving the tunnel and other times on a sky bridge into the warehouse.
- Tank - There is a main battle tank moves when ready, it will drive down the road and blow up the barrier.
- You will find several defibrillators in this map, chances are you will need them during the scavenge event.
- People often get separated because they think it's easy only to regret it. Keep in groups of at least 2.
- Beware of the exploding barrels throughout the map. Some explosions can call in hordes and often at the wrong time.
- Hit the Survivors right away and then try and reset a trap for the survivors at the end of the first turn in the tunnel. The barrels ,as well as the alarm car in front of the truck, will call the Horde if shot. If used correctly, you can wear down the Survivors and deplete their ammo.
- The Versus path generally will run the survivors over the skybridge instead of the street. If this happens, try to charge or jockey players through a window from in front. Smokers should spawn in behind the survivors in the room next to the bridge and attempt to smoke people through the windows to their death.
- Look to use the trees in the road or plan on hiding behind walls and objects at survivor height.
- Please be nice and provide constructive feedback :)